Tuesday, June 9, 2009

If I can make it there.....

A little excitement this morning. The UPS driver dropped off a nice big box of my advance reader copies for "Love in Mid Air." It's a kick to hold it my hand, looking like a real book and all.

Leaving Thursday for the major northward trek. Going to see Laura in Virginia, then Dawn in Mass, then NYC for four days to visit with editors and my agent and friends there, then to the Natalie Goldberg memoir workshop at Kripalu. All in all I am gone about two weeks and it's like zones of experience I'll be driving in and out of, each requiring some pretty significant shifts of focus (as well as some pretty significant shifts of wardrobe...you should see my suitcase).

This is also when I'll find out:
What publicity is being planned for the first novel
If my editor for that novel is interested in acquiring the sequel

Scary stuff. I'll report in the minute I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Kim,
    You go girl!
    Please say hi to Laura and Dawn for me.
    Safe travels,
    Priscilla
    p.s. and hi to Amy G., too.

    ReplyDelete